Sunday, May 2, 2010

Do you ride elephants to school?

Our children are asked some very interesting questions when they tell people that we live in Africa. One girl asked if they rode elephants to school. The answer is no, but they did have a great time riding some while on holiday.
It takes 3 years to train an elephant. They let them roam free and apparently, a herd of elephants came and took back one of the elephants. I've always heard that the bound of the elephant family is very strong.
I hope that Maren was watching for crocs behind her!

I can't think of any living thing that isn't so adorable in the baby stage.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

M. Moore said...

Cool! I love elephants. The kids can always say to their own children, "I had to ride elephants uphill both ways." :>

Tara said...

Elephants are really neat animals! I can't believe Jana is sitting there feeding such a huge elephant! What an amazing experience!