Saturday, May 16, 2009

Chicken Quesadilla and Brownies

We had a fun activity at our house with the Young Women at our church. They practiced a song that they will be singing at church.
The leader in the yellow dress speaks english and so does her daughter but the rest of them only speak portuguese.
There is just a small group now that the branch has split. They are just so cute and fun.
They wanted me to show them how to make an "American Dish" that wasn't hamburgers. So I asked Jana what we should make and she said "Chicken Quesadilla" I know, real American.
I taught them how to make their own tortillas and they seemed to really like it. Maren showed them how to make brownies. Someone asked if you could make it without the cocoa, hum, I'm not sure about that.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

M. Moore said...

First of all I have to say that I'm impressed that you make your own tortilla's! Looks like such a fun activity and you all look so great!

V said...

How fun! I met someone at school yesterday who is from Angola and knows all ya'll. Her name is Laura, but she said she moved here right after you guys got there. Her sister is Maria. She remembers your beautiful children and talked about the youth activity you had at your house!

Kelleen said...

Oh, how fun! You'll have to teach us Americans how to make those tortillas. I have a few recipes but have never tried it. Looks like a fun group.