Saturday, June 5, 2010

Graduation!!

Jana is officially a High School Graduate! It was a lovely evening with lots of long speeches. The key note speaker was the ambassador of Namibia. But the best speaker hands down was by the Valedictorian! She did a great job, and I'm not just saying that because lots of people told us that she was the best speaker.
One of the speakers used a lot of body language and moved the podium just a bit and knocked the flowers over.
I had been watching this banana tree in my garden for months with this huge bunch of bananas. It got so heavy that the gardener finally had to prop it up. I kept meaning to take a picture of it. I'm glad that I don't have to be the one to decide when to take them down because I thought they were ready weeks ago.
I came home after being out and the gardener had cut them down. Boy, were they delicious! We had banana smoothies, banana bread, bananas all by them self. I froze some because they were ripening so fast.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tara said...

Congrats to Jana! That's wonderful and no surprise that she was valedictorian! Those bananas look really good- how fun to have them growing in your backyard!!

Heidi said...

Yep, no surprise Jana was valedictorian! She is a star :)
I'm so envious of your banana tree. What I wouldn't give to eat a banana right off the tree!

Belinda said...

Congratulations Jana! Hope you all enjoy your summer! I never knew you could freeze bananas!!!

v said...

Yay! Congrats on graduation, Jana! We are proud of you! Yum! Do you have any other fruit trees in your yard?

M. Moore said...

Jana your so awesome! Valedictorian....not too shabby. I'm so proud of you.