Sunday, August 24, 2008

Church in Luanda

I cannot express the joy that I feel that the church is established here! We have now been here for 2 Sundays and have been warmly recieved by the members, even though we don't speak portuguese yet the have been very helpful to interperet for us. We sang Come, come ye saints today and I did my best to pronounce the words correctly, the Spirit was so strong and I was so grateful for the familiarity of the music.
This is primary. Jay gave a talk today on the Sacrament. Gwen is glad to have friends there that come and take her hand and lead her to primary.
This room is where Sacrament meeting is held. It is very loud, because the sound just bounces of the walls and floor. Thank heavens it is air conditioned!
This is right out front of the building. You can see the sign behind us. I should of taken a picture of the street, it has huge pot holes and is full of mud puddles because the people just throw their used water out into the street.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: