Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hamburgers at the girls home

We had a fun Saturday at the girls home where I teach sewing. Some of the volunteers got together with their families to give the girls a nice treat of hamburgers.
Gwen and her friend Kate went around giving them juice. I don't have a picture of Jay, but the girls were quite taken with him. They called him "the white boy"
Boy do I look pale!! The girl I'm holding is Grace. She was in my english class and very smart. As of this day there are 61 girls in the home. A few of the older girls put on a dance for us before we had to leave. It was a nice day.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

What a great experience to be working with these girls. they all look adorable!

Rachel M said...

How fun and what an awesome experience! I love your pics!